- Technical Program Overview
- SC14 Schedule
- Birds-of-a-Feather Sessions (BOFs)
- Emerging Technologies
- Invited Talks
- Scientific Visualization Showcase
- Doctoral Showcase Program
- HPC Matters Plenary
- SC14 Archive
- SC14 Conference Program
- Tech Program Receptions
- Exhibits Overview
- Exhibition Calendar
- Exhibitor Application For Booth Space
- Exhibitor Housing
- Exhibitor List
- HPC Impact Showcase
- Meetings/Function Space
- SC14 Floor Plan
- Exhibitor Prospectus
- Exhibitor Forum
- Exhibitor Events
- Media Overview
- Media Releases
- Announcing the Second Test of Time Award Winner
- CDC to Present at Supercomputing 2014
- Finalists Compete for Coveted ACM Gordon Bell Prize in High Performance Computing
- Four Ways Supercomputing Is Changing Lives: From Climate Modeling to Manufacturing Consumer Goods
- Join the Student Cluster Competition
- New Orleans Becomes Home to Fastest Internet Hub in the World
- SC14 Announces New Plenary to Focus on the Importance of Supercomputers in Society
- SC14 Registration Opens, Technical Program Goes Live
- Supercomputing 2014 Recognizes Outstanding Achievements in HPC
- Supercomputing 2014 Sets New Records
- Supercomputing Invited Plenary Talks
- Supercomputing Unveils Ground-Breaking Innovations and the World’s Fastest Computer Network
- World’s Fastest Computer Network Coming to New Orleans
- SC14 Logo Usage
- SC14 Media Partners
- Social Media
- SC14 Blog
- Opening Press Briefing
- SC Photograph and Film Acceptable Use Policy
- Media Registration
- Video Gallery
About the SC14 Blog
The Supercomputing Conference (SC) Series brings together the most respected minds in high-performance computing (HPC), networking, storage and analysis to debut the research and innovation that will open the door to new scientific and economic opportunities.
The SC14 blog is designed to introduce and keep SC attendees up-to-date on the many ways that HPC matters to our lives, our future, our communities and our world. On this blog, you’ll find everything from upcoming events and deadlines, to experts sharing their knowledge with the community.
Interested in contributing to our blog? Please review the SC14 Blog Guidelines and contact the SC Communications Committee at email@example.com. We’re looking for more than a few great minds to help us change the world.
SC14 Blog Guidelines
Interested in submitting a guest post to SC14?
Please review the guest post guidelines before submitting your post for review. We’ll know if you haven’t, trust us. We’re geeky like that.
What kind of posts are we looking for?
We expect well-written posts between 500-700 words related to state-of-the-art HPC projects, popular topics, research analysis, emerging technologies, and innovations in HPC, networking, storage and analysis, to name a few. The post that you send us must be an original, and should not have been previously posted anywhere on the internet.
Unfortunately, we can’t accept posts on sky diving, animal adoption, or banana-flavored gum (unless HPC was somehow involved, of course).
Your Guest Post Should be Well-Written
We expect posts that are:
- Interesting, or better yet, provocative.
- Conversational by raising questions, inviting contributions, discussing what’s happening on other blogs, and/or leaving some loose ends.
- Unique. Think outside the box.
- Inject some personality that includes observations and anecdotes.
- Make use of multimedia whenever possible (ensure credit is given to the original source of all content embedded in posts).
- Include a link to your bio with your guest post.
- We allow links to your site or sponsor within your bio. Links in the body of the article should be there to support the article, not drive business your way.
- Include your photo as a jpeg or png image (100 x 100 pixels).
- Include all the images used in the post as separate attachments in jpeg or png formats.
- Submit your posts in Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- Comments from readers will be sent your way, and we urge your quick response.
- Make sure posts are seen by a second pair of eyes before publication.
- Never take an idea or insight from another blogger or site without acknowledgement.
If we find problems with your guest post, we will notify you about it. Please don’t be offended, it’s nothing personal. You’ll have ample opportunity to review before publication.
If your guest post is accepted for publication, you grant a license for SC to be the exclusive publisher. You may republish extracts (for example, on your own site), but the article in its entirety should not appear elsewhere.
How do I submit my Guest Post?
Please email your guest post to firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending your guest post and image attachments, use the code-phrase “SC14 Guest Post” in the subject line. Otherwise we’ll know you didn’t pay attention.
We publish a new guest post at a minimum interval of two weeks. If we accept your guest post submission, we’ll notify you.